Outside Sales Representative – Eastern United States
Location: Marcellus and Utica Shale Area
The Outside Sales Representative will increase sales primarily in the Marcellus and Utica Shale territory and will also pursue sales in the States of ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, NY, PA, RI, NJ, DE, MD, VA, NC, TN, KY, IN, MI, OH and WV. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing contact with existing customers, identifying new opportunities, and following up on potential leads. The Outside Sales Representative will also monitor industry trends in order to identify emerging markets and develop plans to utilize those markets to expand revenue. He/She will have a keen understanding of Fast Fusion’s product offerings, and the ability to close deals while communicating our value to the HDPE Pipe industry.
- Utilize all available resources to reach out to prospects in the territory assigned and attempt to turn those prospects into customers
- Collaborate with the management team to improve marketing materials and expand the company’s marketing presence in the territory assigned
- Attend industry trade shows to accumulate new leads and make productive contact with existing clients
- Update client information in the company contact database at salesforce.com
- Stay on top of industry trends to identify potential opportunities for company growth
- Qualify new sales leads, allocate as appropriate, and drive leads through the sales process.
- Need to understand and follow the whole sales process since the lead is identified, providing technical explanation, quotation and commercial terms, managing the purchase order, assisting the delivery of the product and providing commissioning & training in the field
- Meet daily, weekly, and monthly phone and email communication goals in accordance with strategic plan, developed by management
- Generate sales reports each week and submitting them to management
- Consistently log and record each-and-every outreach made, in Salesforce.com, producing regular activity reports as requested by management
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Ability to comprehend the Fast Fusion product line and to communicate our value proposition to prospects
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, policies and procedures within the HDPE Pipe industry
- Experience working with HDPE Pipe, pipeline construction, and Large Equipment
- Understanding of the sales cycle, with the ability to close deals
- Ability to provide training in the use of Fast Fusion machines as well as the HDPE Fusion Process
- Must be adaptable, professional, courteous and motivated, and must work well individually or as a member of a team
- Excellent presentation skills, verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Salesforce.com
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Self-starting with solid follow-through and multi-tasking capabilities
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to succeed
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role, with sales track record
- Must be willing to travel up to 50 percent of the time
Our Outside Sales Representatives earn a base salary plus commissions. There is no cap on commissions or earning potential.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.